Thursday, February 23, 2012

Renaissance Dress: Update #1

So I finally have started to put some real work into my new Renaissance dress. I've made some progress with the bodice, as you can see below. The top picture is the lining and the bottom picture is the exterior with the lining in place. Again, I apologize for my terrible photography skills. They were taken with my phone.

Tonight I'll probably install the boning.

In other news, I made my first pattern entirely from scratch and it actually worked out extremely well. The pattern is for pajama pants for my boyfriend's birthday (Batman pajama pants!). I will definitely post some pictures once they're finished. If you're curious as to how I designed the pattern, I used the wonderful book I posted about back in October with a roll of tracing paper. The instructions were pretty easy to follow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment