I FINALLY finished my coat (with the exception of the buttons which will be attached tonight). I looooooove the way it turned out. The fit is great and it is just so cute. Hopefully it'll rain soon so I can wear it. :)
This has been one of my few projects where there have been absolutely no problems or confusing instructions. Everything went very smoothly. I also got to use a new gadget for the first time. I sew with a vintage machine, a Singer Featherweight 221, which I adore. However, unlike many more modern machines, it is only capable of sewing a straight stitch. So I bought a vintage attachment on eBay which allows me to make buttonholes! It works great. These vintage machines really stand the test of time very well.